Monday, March 18, 2013

Morning Prayers (form 1)

Cross: Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O Lord, my strength and my redeemer. Psalm 19:14  

Invitatory: Lord, open my lips, and my mouth shall proclaim your praise.

Cruciform: Come let us sing to the Lord; *
let us shout for joy to the Rock of our salvation.
 Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving *
and raise a loud shout to him with psalms.
Come, let us bow down, and bend the knee, *
and kneel before the Lord our Maker.
For he is our God,
and we are the people of his pasture
and the sheep of his hand.*
Oh, that today you would hearken to his voice! Psalm 97:1-2,6-7

      or the entirety of the Venite (see Book of Common Prayer p. 82), or the following

 Glorify the Lord, all you works of the Lord, *
praise him and highly exalt him for ever.
In the firmament of his power, glorify the Lord, *
praise him and highly exalt him for ever.
                     Song of the Three Young Men, 35‑36  

Weeks: Bless the Lord, O my soul, *
and all that is within me, bless his holy Name. Psalm 103:1

 Dismissary: The hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for such the Father seeks to worship him. John 4:23

 Cross: Our Father, who art in heaven… Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment