Monday, March 18, 2013

Night Prayers

Cross: Be sober, be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. Resist him, firm in your faith.    1 Peter 5:8 9a

Invitatory: My help is in the Name of the Lord; the maker of heaven and earth. Amen.

Cruciform: Lord, you now have set your servant free *
    to go in peace as you have promised;
For these eyes of mine have seen the Savior, *
    whom you have prepared for all the world to see:
A Light to enlighten the nations, *
    and the glory of your people Israel.    Luke 2:29-32

      or the following

O God, you will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are fixed on you; for in returning and rest we shall be saved; in quietness and trust shall be our strength.     Isaiah 26:3; 30:15

Weeks: Be our light in the darkness, O Lord, and in your great mercy defend us from all perils and dangers of this night; for the love of your only Son, our Savior Jesus Christ. Amen.

      or the following

Guide us waking, O Lord, and guard us sleeping; 
that awake we may watch with Christ, 
and asleep we may rest in peace. Amen.

Dismissary: Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.    Matthew 11:28 30

Cross: Our Father, who art in heaven… Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment