Saturday, March 30, 2013

Prayer Forms for Holy Week

Cross: All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord has laid on him the iniquity of us all. Isaiah 53:6

Invitatory: Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit; As it was in the beginning, is now, and will be forever. Amen.

Cruciform: Save me, O God, *
      for the waters have risen up to my neck.
I am sinking in deep mire, *
      and there is no firm ground for my feet.
I have grown weary with my crying;
my throat is inflamed; *
      my eyes have failed from looking for God. Psalm 69: 1-2,4

or the following

I gave my back to those who struck me,
and my cheeks to those who pulled out the beard; *
      I did not hide my face from insult and spitting.
The Lord God helps me; *
      therefore I have not been disgraced;
Therefore I have set my face like flint, *
      and I know that I shall not be put to shame. Isaiah 50:6-7

Weeks: Be not far away, O Lord; *
      you are my strength; hasten to help me. Psalm 22:18

Dismissary: Is it nothing to you, all you who pass by? Look and see if there is any sorrow like my sorrow which was brought upon me, whom the Lord has afflicted. Lamentations 1:12

Cross: Our Father, who art in heaven… Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment