Monday, March 18, 2013

Morning Prayers (form 2)

Cross: Thus says the high and lofty One who inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy, "I dwell in the high and holy place and also with the one who has a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble and to revive the heart of the contrite." Isaiah 57:15

Invitatory: Lord, open my lips, and my mouth shall proclaim your praise.

Cruciform: Let the words of my mouth
and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, *
O Lord, my strength and my redeemer. Psalm 19:14

or the following (omit “Alleluia” during Lent)

(Alleluia.) Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us; *
therefore let us keep the feast,
Not with the old leaven, the leaven of malice and evil, *
but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth. (Alleluia.)
I Corinthians 5:7-8

Weeks: Early in the morning, Lord, you hear my voice; *
early in the morning I make my appeal
and watch for you. Psalm 5:3

or the following

Blessed be the Lord day by day, *
the God of our salvation, who bears our burdens. Psalm 68:19

Dismissary: Send out your light and your truth, that they may lead me, and bring me to your holy hill and to your dwelling. Psalm 43:3

Cross: Our Father, who art in heaven… Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment